NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Help us get the word out about our search! The Search Committee is hoping to receive a pool of names diverse in age, gender, ethnicity, and experience. Please share this profile widely.
● Nominations will be open until February 15, 2016. No nominations will be received after that date.
● Nominees for Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis must be a priest or a bishop in good standing, in a diocese in communion with the See of Canterbury, of at least 30 years of age as of April 29, 2017. Mandatory retirement age for bishops is 72.
● A nominee currently serving as a bishop diocesan or coadjutor must have served in his or her current capacity for at least five years as of October 29, 2016.
● You may nominate yourself or someone else to be considered.
● Nominees whose names are submitted by a third party must consent to the nomination in order to be considered. Due to the confidential nature of the search process, the Search Committee is unable to respond to inquiries about whether your nominee is being considered, or at what stage in the process a nominee may be. The only nominees we will ever disclose anything about are those whose names are put on the final slate to be considered by the Diocesan Convention.
● Nominees and applicants selected for further consideration will be required to attend a retreat with the Search Committee in the Indianapolis area from May 23-26, 2016.